Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Take Your Best Shot ~ A Review


Recently I had the opportunity, courtesy of Thomas Nelson publishers, to read the encouraging book "Take Your Best Shot" by Austin Gutwein. I enjoyed that it was a light, quick read and when I was finished, I passed it on to my teenage daughter for her to enjoy. Young Austin saw a need and set out to fill it with the help of God and his family. He started Hoops for Hope to raise not only money but awareness of the plight of AIDS orphans in Africa. Just as important as that was in itself, it is also important to realize that Austin answered God's calling on his life even though he had to step out of his comfort zone to do so. What we could all accomplish if we would do the same? This is a great book for teens, and adults too, who need to be reminded that listening to God will make it possible for great things to happen.

(Thomas Nelson Publishers sends me books to review on my blog via the Book Sneeze program. For more information, please go to: Book Sneeze .).

No comments:

Post a Comment