Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Review - Same Kind of Different as Me


"Same Kind of Different as Me" by Denver Moore and Ron Hall is the study of two very different men, from two very different worlds who are brought together - rather begrudingly - because a woman wouldn't let either of them go. As I read this book, I realized how truly ignorant I was to American History. I am sorry to say I did not realize sharecropping was a part of our country after the Civil War ended. This book was such a stark depiction of modern day slavery. But it is also the story of love, forgiveness, grace, determination and how, if you truly believe in someone and the power of the human spirit, anything is possible. I absolutely loved this story - so much in fact that it was my top pick of the 40+ books I read in 2010.

Many thanks to the Book Sneeze team for providing me with a copy of this book. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment