Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home" - A Review

I recently had the privilege to read "The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home" by Kathy Peel, who bills herself as America's Family Manager. A catchy title to bestow on oneself.

I have to admit that I skimmed through most of this book as I really didn't find any new (well, new to me!), useful information in the first few chapters that I did read. The chapters are broken down into: Managing Your Time, Managing Your Home, Managing Menus and Meals, Managing Relationships, Managing Your Finances, Managing Special Events and Managing Yourself.

Within each chapter you will find ideas and tips to make each area of your home run more efficiently thus giving you a happy and organized home. This would be a great book for a new homemaker who may feel lost in how to run their home. I have to admit this would have been a perfect gift for me when I got married twenty years ago. Learning something new is always a bonus - but I don't feel like I learned anything new from this book. I've read a lot of books on how to organize my home...it's implementing that knowledge that is where I could use the most help! Hubs would probably agree as clutter control seems to be one of my major issues!

A good how-to reference book for beginner's.

Many thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review. Opinions in this post are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment