Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome ....

I've tried several times to begin this post and don't know where to take it. Maybe I should reconsider this blog idea! Anyway, welcome to my blog. This is going to be my space where I can write about all of the things that interest me and that might interest you too. Maybe not but I guess we'll see where that goes.

I came up with the title "Leading a Quiet Life" from I Thessalonians 4:11 "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands." I yearn for a quiet, simple life. I live a life of noise (three kids, dog, work...etc.) and constant activity. One of my favorite Bible verses is "Be still and know that I am God." Being still, with a book and cup of something, is what I desire. I relish those times even though they are few!

I am an avid reader and have given up most other pursuits (crafts and various other projects that would never hold my attention for very long) so that I can just read and spend time with my family. It's a shame that housework gets in the way! One of the things I will be doing here is posting reviews of the various books I read as well as joining in some of the great reading challenges that are out there. What do you like to read?

I am also a lover of all things bargain - free, cheap, you name it. As I'm able, I'll share the deals I find so that you can share in the thrill of the hunt too.

Other than my family and reading, one of my other passions is cooking. Cooking really should be a love language. My goal is to try one new recipe a week which I hope to share here with comments about what my family thought.

Hang onto your hats ~ it's bound to be a wild ride on the way to a quiet life! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I love blogging... although, sometimes life gets in the way of that too. :-P

    I love the song by Steven Curtis Champman that sings, "be still and know that He is God"... nice tune!

    I also love to read and cook... so, I'll be following you along your blogging journey!

    take care! ~Kim B (from Mariners)

    ReplyDelete